Transition Services

Sample Daily Schedule

Facilities Tour


Measuring Success

Performance Mgt Committee

Success Stories

For Caregivers

For Professionals

Fees For Service


Corporate Partners

Planned Giving

Annual Fund


Wishing Well


Useful Links

Who We Are

Strategic Plan

Board of Directors

Administrative Staff

Annual Reports

Ecotherapy in Clinical Practice

Summer Solstice 2024

Navigating the Mental Health Crisis in Young Adults

Summer Solstice 2024 Friday, June 21, 2024. Learn More

What does Hopewell cost? How do people pay for Hopewell?

Hopewell is a non-profit, private-pay facility. Most residents use private pay to cover the cost of services, but some use a combination of private pay and a limited period of insurance benefits.

A discounted daily Residential Community Fee is charged to individuals who privately pay for services. All of our discounted fees are lower than our costs, thanks to the generosity of our donors. In some cases, Hopewell is able to provide further financial assistance to residents requiring longer than usual stays. Please contact our Admissions Department at 440-426-2009 to explore the affordability of our services.

Hopewell also makes every effort to obtain any potential insurance coverage for individuals who have private insurance that covers residential mental health services in their plans.

Unfortunately, Medicaid and/or Medicare do not cover mental health residential treatment services.

Thanks to the generosity of our donors, we are among the lowest-cost residential communities in the country.

What types of mental illness does Hopewell treat?

Hopewell residents are 18 years of age or older, have a primary diagnosis of a mood or thought disorder and express a readiness for mental health treatment. Typical diagnoses include schizophrenia, schizoaffective disorder, bipolar disorder, obsessive-compulsive disorder, and major depression.

Some of our residents may be recovering from drug or alcohol abuse. They must, however, have an absence of active abuse. Individuals should have some self-care skills, be medication compliant and be in reasonable physical health. For a complete list of admissions criteria, please call our admissions team at 440.426.2009.

What are the demographics of the resident population?

Hopewell residents are 18 years of age or older. About half of our residents are from Northeast Ohio, and the rest of the residents at our mental health treatment facility are from across the United States.

What is the usual length of stay?

Depending on the individual's response to the program, a resident’s stay is typically between four to nine months. The progress of each resident is monitored and reevaluated regularly.

Where do residents go after Hopewell? Do you help find them placement?

Over 70% of our residents have successfully moved into more self-reliant settings. The clinical staff works with the family and the resident's case manager to coordinate plans for the next step. Hopewell has established relationships with area mental health and housing agencies to support residents as they move forward.

What do the residents do each day?

In addition to participation in the areas of community work (i.e., farm animal care, kitchen, housekeeping, gardens and grounds), Hopewell supports the individual in his or her efforts to achieve recovery goals through programs such as high school and college education, volunteer opportunities and employment in the greater community, health and well-being education groups and relapse prevention programs.

We also have an extensive set of therapeutic offerings ranging from medication management to individual and group therapy. Therapy modalities include CBT, DBT, ACT, EMDR, Exposure and Response Prevention, and others.

Hopewell seems very distant. Why is it located so far from major metropolitan areas?

The rural setting offers a healing respite from the chaotic daily life found closer to cities. Hopewell's therapeutic farm approach to care creates a connection to the earth and each other, a dependable and safe daily structure and opportunities to experience success.

How is Hopewell funded? Does it receive public money?

Hopewell is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. Daily fees for service, insurance and some county-sponsored placements generate approximately 60% of revenue annually. The remaining 40% is generated from philanthropic support from individuals, foundations and corporations, and from endowment income.