Hopewell offers residential and daily programming on the grounds of our therapeutic farm. Contracts are available for mental health and developmental disability (worker's compensation, I/O waiver options) boards.
Our program is developed and supervised by licensed mental health providers with many years of experience in a variety of settings. Clinicians are active in Hopewell's residential therapeutic program and family counseling, case coordination, psychiatric and medication management and discharge transitions as part of our mental health treatment program.
In addition to daily staff and resident work crews that keep the farm functioning, programming includes:
- Group counseling
- Creative expression
- Equine-assisted learning and horsemanship (all on the ground; no riding)
- Nature Studies
- Education (high school diploma program and GED preparation)
- Money management
- Independent living skills (meal planning, shopping, cooking, healthy living)
- Interpersonal relationship skills
Hopewell is the only residential mental health facility in Ohio that provides this type of treatment-based, community-centered care, and is among one of very few facilities of its kind in the country that provides comprehensive mental health treatment in a working farm setting. To discuss a specific case, please call our admissions team at 440.426.2009.
Our Virtual Introduction to Residence at Hopewell
In response to COVID-19, Hopewell has developed a Virtual Introduction program.
Our virtual introduction to Hopewell begins our clinical relationship with a prospective resident, introduces and orients them to Hopewell, and protects our current residents by requiring most prospective residents to be isolated from others for 14 days before they can enter our residential community.
We have developed creative alternatives for prospective residents for whom our standard quarantine approach seems too difficult. Such alternatives have included options for those directly admitting to Hopewell from hospitals, for those quarantining in homes shared with others not in quarantine, and for those who cannot quarantine from within easy non-stop driving distance.
For more on our Virtual Introduction program, click here.
Pre-admission requirements include:
- Completed Hopewell Psychiatric Referral Form
- Current and complete psychiatric history and hospital records
- Interview with our admissions committee and tour of our facility
- Completed physical exam within last month
- Current two-step TB test or chest x-ray (unless physical shows person is not at risk)
- Completed Hopewell financial disclosure form
- Signed releases of information and copy of guardianship papers (if applicable)
We are the first provider of mental health services in the country to be reviewed and accredited as a Therapeutic Community by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF). Hopewell is licensed and certified by the Ohio Department of Mental Health. We are a member of the National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) and the American Residential Treatment Association (ARTA).
Download All Admission Forms
This single download contains all the individual forms need for admission.
To talk with our admissions team, please call 440.426.2009.