Hopewell offers residential and daily programming on the grounds of our therapeutic farm.
Our program is developed and supervised by licensed mental health providers with many years of experience in a variety of settings. Clinicians are active in Hopewell's residential therapeutic program and family counseling, case coordination, psychiatric and medication management and discharge transitions as part of our mental health treatment program.
In addition to daily staff and resident work crews that keep the farm functioning, programming includes:
- Group counseling
- Creative expression
- Equine-assisted learning and horsemanship (all on the ground; no riding)
- Nature Studies
- Education (high school diploma program and GED preparation)
- Money management
- Independent living skills (meal planning, shopping, cooking, healthy living)
- Interpersonal relationship skills
Hopewell is the only residential mental health facility in Ohio that provides this type of treatment-based, community-centered care, and is among one of very few facilities of its kind in the country that provides comprehensive mental health treatment in a working farm setting. To discuss a specific case, please call our admissions team at 440.426.2009.
Our Virtual Introduction to Residence at Hopewell
We have designed two COVID-sensitive pathways to entering Hopewell.
One is for those coming directly from a clinical setting, such as a hospital inpatient unit or another residential care setting. In most cases, those coming from these settings will be able to directly enter the Hopewell residential program. For details, call Laura Scarnecchia, our Director of Admissions, at 440-426-2009.
The other pathway is for those coming from more risky community settings. It is our "Virtual Introduction program"--which provides both direct and immediate support with measures to keep our current residents safe.
For more on our Virtual Introduction program for those coming from community settings, click here.
Pre-admission requirements include:
- Completed Hopewell Psychiatric Referral Form
- Current and complete psychiatric history and hospital records
- Interview with our admissions committee and tour of our facility
- Completed physical exam within last month
- Current two-step TB test or chest x-ray (unless physical shows person is not at risk)
- Completed Hopewell financial disclosure form
- Signed releases of information and copy of guardianship papers (if applicable)
We are the first provider of mental health services in the country to be reviewed and accredited as a Therapeutic Community by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF). Hopewell is licensed and certified by the Ohio Department of Mental Health. We are a member of the National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) and the American Residential Treatment Association (ARTA).
Download All Admission Forms
This single download contains all the individual forms need for admission.
To talk with our admissions team, please call 440.426.2009.