Hopewell offers residential and daily programming on the grounds of our therapeutic farm.
Our program is developed and supervised by licensed mental health providers with many years of experience in a variety of settings. Clinicians are active in Hopewell's residential therapeutic program and family counseling, case coordination, psychiatric and medication management and discharge transitions as part of our mental health treatment program.
In addition to daily staff and resident work crews that keep the farm functioning, programming includes:
- Money management
- Independent living skills (meal planning, shopping, cooking, healthy living)
- Interpersonal relationship skills
- Psychiatric evaluations
- Medication monitoring and management
- Case-managed integrated individual plans
- Therapeutic work activity
- Individual and group counseling
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
- Art Therapy and creative expression
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy skills
- Ecotherapy and nature studies
- Equine-assisted learning
- Exposure and Response Therapy
- Sandplay Therapy
- Family therapy and transition services
Hopewell is the only residential mental health facility in Ohio that provides this type of treatment-based, community-centered care, and is among one of very few facilities of its kind in the country that provides comprehensive mental health treatment in a working farm setting. To discuss a specific case, please call our admissions team at 440.426.2009.
Pre-admission requirements include:
- Completed Hopewell Psychiatric Referral Form
- Current and complete psychiatric history and hospital records
- Interview with our admissions committee and tour of our facility
- Completed physical exam within last month
- Current two-step TB test or chest x-ray (unless physical shows person is not at risk)
- Signed releases of information and copy of guardianship papers (if applicable)
We are the first provider of mental health services in the country to be reviewed and accredited as a Therapeutic Community by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF). Hopewell is licensed and certified by the Ohio Department of Mental Health. We are a member of the National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) and the American Residential Treatment Association (ARTA).
To talk with our admissions team, please call 440.426.2009.