Hopewell Development Assistant
Posted August 27, 2019
This position plays a key support role in the success of Hopewell’s fundraising efforts, which encompass individual, foundation and corporate giving/sponsorships, and special events.
The Development Assistant provides administrative and clerical support to the Director of Development and the Development Manager and assists with the Development Office’s day-to-day operations, including database and records management, gift acknowledgements, event planning and general office operations. In addition, this position provides support to volunteer groups as assigned, assists with event coordination and communications, and handles other activities as assigned by the Director of Development. The position also provides administrative support in the maintenance of the farm’s customer relationship management (CRM) software.
- Administrative Support: The position provides clerical support for the Development Office. Administrative duties including assisting with database and records management, generating gift acknowledgements, ensuring the office is orderly, and other activities as assigned by the Director of Development or other staff. This position may also assist the Director of Development with preparation of grant proposals and/or reports.
- Special Events: The Development Assistant works closely with the Development Manager and Director of Development and others to manage details of all special events, including the annual Summer Solstice benefit. Details include event planning, auction record keeping, volunteer committee assistance, and staffing each event. As needed, the position may be called upon to assist with events taking place at the Hopewell farm or elsewhere, including employee, trustee, marketing or donor cultivation events.
- Gift Processing/Reporting: The Development Assistant is responsible for the day-to-day management of Hopewell’s donor database (currently Raiser’s Edge) and how it relates to all fundraising efforts of the organization. This work includes gift entry, and timely acknowledgments of all charitable donations, and assisting with preparation of several large solicitation mailings.
CRM Database Support: The Development Assistant provides assistance in the maintenance of the Admissions customer relations management (CRM) software, including data input/retrieval, reports, and other information management needs. Duties include providing reminders to marketing, admissions and/or clinical staff to make/maintain contacts with referral sources.
Bachelor’s degree desired. Current undergraduate or graduate students will be considered according to schedule availability.
- Prior office/administrative experience desired, preferably in a non-profit environment; computer experience required; preference will be given to candidates with a working knowledge of Raiser’s Edge or other fundraising/donor database programs; and experience working with volunteer committees and/or boards of directors.
Other skills or certifications:
- Excellent writing/editing skills
- Proficient in MS Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- A valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, and an acceptable driving record
- Must pass a two-step TB test, drug test, physical and background check
- Able to travel occasionally to Hopewell campus (45 minutes east of the Chagrin Falls Development Office) and within the Greater Cleveland area
The ideal candidate will have:
- Superior organizational and communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to work congenially and effectively with a small team
- Strong project implementation skills (detail-oriented)
- High propensity for taking initiative, working independently and taking ownership of projects assigned
- Ability to meet deadlines while managing multiple projects
- This is a non-exempt position with an hourly rate of pay.
- This is a part-time position, with approximately 20-25 hours per week expected.
- The position occasionally requires evening and weekend work (especially during Summer Solstice and other events).
- Overtime (more than 40 hours worked in a single week) approved by the Director of Development will be paid at one-and-one-half the position’s hourly rate of pay.
To talk with our admissions team, please call 440.426.2009.