Posted August 30, 2021
We would love to hire a part-time Gardener to oversee the planning, preparation, and maintenance of our beautiful garden. Our garden provides food for our facility and meaningful work for our residents. Hopewell practices organic gardening methods as much as we are able. The garden includes an outdoor garden, hoop house and greenhouse. This is a year-round position.
- Be at least 22 years in age.
- Valid Driver License.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Pass preemployment background checks and drug test.
- Passionate about gardening
- Fundamental background in greenhouse care/growing.
- General gardening skills with two to five years of experience including soil preparation, plating, plant maintenance, plant identification, watering, feeding, pest and disease identification and harvesting.
- Self-motivated, hardworking and enjoy teaching others about gardening.
- Must be comfortable working around adults diagnosed with mental illness.
Benefit package includes paid training, paid time off, life, dental and long-term disability insurances, in addition to matching contributions to a 403b and an Employee Assistance Program. Also available is optional vision, short-term disability, critical illness and accident insurances.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $12.50 to $16.86 depending on experience.
$500 sign on bonus payable after six months of continual employment.
Please check out our website at www.hopewellcommunity.org.
Hopewell aspires to celebrate and thrive on inclusiveness in our therapeutic community, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer supporting workforce diversity.
To talk with our admissions team, please call 440.426.2009.