Director of Development
Posted May 10, 2023
Hopewell is a therapeutic farm community in Middlefield, Ohio that treats adults with mental illness through community engagement, meaningful work, and a comprehensive approach to healing and wellness. Hopewell is a picturesque three hundred- and twenty-five-acre working farm located in Middlefield, Ohio. Hopewell’s Development Office is currently located in Chagrin Falls, Ohio.
We are currently looking to hire a full time Director of Development. The Director of Development advances the mission of Hopewell by fostering the organization’s ability to support individuals with serious mental illness and their participation in our therapeutic community. The Development Director is expected to develop and maintain relationships with board members, individuals, corporations, grant-makers, and other potential funders, and must be proficient at sharing compelling stories about our organization, the people we serve and our mission.
Further, the Director of Development leads planning and implementation of Hopewell’s fundraising efforts, including leadership giving, foundation relations/grants, annual fund giving, fundraising campaigns, special events and stewardship. This position oversees a staff of two and is the primary staff support for the Board’s Development and Governance Committees. The Director of Development participates in overall Hopewell leadership and is responsible for the fundraising budget as well as design, production and distribution of the annual report and quarterly newsletter. This position works closely with marketing staff.
The ideal candidate to have:
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Capacity to qualify, cultivate and solicit prospects.
- An engaging and enthusiastic personality
- A willingness and ability to learn the Hopewell healing model
- A commitment to building and maintaining professional and philanthropic relationships
- Ability to work collaboratively with Board of Directors and various board committees.
- High propensity for taking initiative and for ownership of results
- Superior organizational skills, ability to multi-task and prioritize, detail oriented
- Excellent persuasive writing, speaking, and communication skills
- Preferred: Bachelor’s degree
- 5 to 8 years of supervisory level fundraising experience with a record of success.
- Experience working with boards and volunteers.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Raiser’s Edge or other fundraising /database program experience.
- Familiarity with the philanthropic landscape of Northeast Ohio.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Must pass a TB test, drug test, physical and background check.
Benefits are very competitive and include among many others, health insurance, matching contributions to a 403b retirement plan and generous paid time off.
Pay: $54,080 to $83,200 annually.
Hopewell aspires to celebrate and thrive on inclusiveness in our therapeutic community, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer supporting workforce diversity.
To talk with our admissions team, please call 440.426.2009.
ADMISSIONS - Our team is here to help you through every step of the admissions process.
A majority of Hopewell residents receive fee assistance from your donations. Help provide life-changing treatment for those who cannot afford it.
VISIT - Schedule a tour to see if Hopewell is the right setting for you or your family member.